Monday, October 24, 2022

Freezer Camp

 We picked up the first beef from the butcher's today.

I forgot to take any pictures.

But it went fairly smoothly.

We got 2 giant coolers full of meat and when we
got home we split it into 4 coolers
and then put it into boxes and then weighed it.

There was less meat total than we were hoping.
But the people were happy.

We will probably wait a couple extra months
for the other two to be a little "beefier"....
Hahahahaha.

I reserved a steak that we are going
to cook - one of these evenings when
I have more than 2 minutes to rub together.
I'm looking forward to seeing how it
turned out.
We used a different butcher this time.

Our other butcher is much easier to work with.

But the quality has declined to a point where
I'm not happy and uncomfortable selling it to others.

This guy is WAY harder to work with and I'm
not sure where all my meat went.
I only got charged for the meat I got,
but I'm pretty sure my steer weighed more than
he said he did...

But on the other hand, we got a LOT of variety!
Which I love.
The other butcher did a large number of a few cuts.
This guy does a few of a lot of different cuts.
Which is fun.
And different.
And, hopefully, tasty!

So.......
there you have it.

A very busy, productive day.
That finished up with teaching a class.

So..... here's a random picture, because
you know how I hate a blog without a picture.



1 comment:

rktucson said...

Caught up on your blog posts today. Love reading them and of course seeing the
pictures.
Your ward is super lucky to have you as their RS Pres. With all your experience (and your moms to take away from) you can't be anything but amazing!