Monday, October 17, 2022

Monday Monday

 The guys worked over the weekend down in
Arcadia, Florida - which is over on the
west central part of the state.
They said the devastation there was incredible.

Mobile home parks and campgrounds that are
STILL under water and people either can't
get to their units, or someone has pulled
them to the front (in a long line) so they
can try to salvage what they can.

Giant trees down all over the place.
(That's what they work on, thanks to Kyle's
equipment - the Stake President stopped me at
church yesterday and said his BACK thanked Kyle
for his service... lol.)


It's amazing this same ocean that is so quiet and peaceful
can also be part of the reason for the devastation.

(Kyle and I stopped by on Friday...)

This morning my co-worker is sick, so I'm covering
for her at the Town.
I can't stay too long though, I need to get home
and get a bunch of food cooked so it can
go into the freezer for 12+ hours and then
into the freeze dryer for 36+ hours.

We need to have MEALS - mostly we have been
drying individual ingredients or fruit.
But they have been taking their own meals
and freeze dried is so much more convenient.
But if you purchase it already made at the store
it is $9.97 per serving!!!!
And I can make it for a fraction.

So that's my goal for this week.
Make a TON of freeze dried individual meals.
I'm going to do scrambled eggs/omelet things.
And some chili.
And some... thing else.
Hahahaha.
Probably chicken and rice.
And?
I don't know, but that's a start.
Oh yeah, beef stroganoff.
That turned out really good.

Anyhow.
Happy Monday!

No comments: