Saturday, October 29, 2022

Lots to Do

 I've been busy - seems like that is how
I start ALL my blog posts!
But... that's my life right now...

This week has been full of unusual things.
Like helping clean out a storage unit for a
sister who moved out of our ward 2 years ago.
One of the sister in our ward is a friend and
she volunteered to take care of it.

She and I went through a little bit of stuff on Wed.
I'm meeting the Elders from her ward on
(she's wasn't even in our ward boundaries...)
Wed morning at 8 and we will see what we can
go through.
But then that's it.
We have lots of options and none of them
include me going through all this stuff.

The storage unit is owned by the mother of 
Jim's high school girlfriend.
It's a really nice facility!
But... it's storage.
And it's pretty full.
(of bugs!)

Anyhow.

I DID get a walker and a couple of canes
that some of the women in the ward
would be happy to claim.
I'll be taking those to church with me on Sunday.

And yesterday I cleaned out my closet!
(Well... let's say I did half.)

This is embarassing.


I like to buy clothes.
I don't like to get rid of them.

I might get skinny enough to wear them again!

HA!!!!


We had a call out for size medium shirts and
size 3-5 pants for a non-member lady who escaped an abusive
situation and had literally only the clothes on her back.

So that was a good reason to get started.
I gave her a box full of shirts (and only 1 pair of
jeans - mine are all size 6...)

And then I boxed up 2 more boxes of shirts.
And a box of pants.
I have more pants to go through - probably another
2 boxes, maybe?
And I tossed out two bags of shoes / shirts / etc
that were beyond salvaging.

Those shoes / boots on the shelves are only there
so I can see them and decide what to do with them.
Most of them are going to the women's shelter.

I'll keep the boots and a black and a brown 
pair of loafers. That's all I need.

GOTTA get rid of this stuff.
We do NOT want to haul it all to Kansas!
(I DID find some long johns though - they
are staying! lol)

Yesterday I got a phone call from another non-member
lady who wanted us to pay their rent so they don't
lose their apartment.
Unfortunately, the Bishop wasn't able to help.
And I had to make that phone call.
It broke my heart.

And today I took some food pantry / self
reliance information to a sister in the ward,
then went back to the storage facility and picked
up the walker, canes and some truck ramps,
and then headed to Walmart for a few things we
need for this weekend.
(We are having a "friendsgiving" mingle on the 15th
and we need to post the flyers - I bought a barn board
frame to put it on in the foyer)


My counsellor (who I just found out is MOVING in January)
did a really good job making it.

More details to follow.... lol.

Whew!
I'm "off" (from teaching) next week, but I'm going
to use the time to do LOTS of prep cooking.
Need to get that freeze dryer full again. 
I gave it the week off, simply because I didn't 
have the time / energy to deal with it.
But the guys really enjoyed the freeze-dried meals
I sent with them on hurricane clean-up, so I
want to do more of those and fill up our larder.

And I need to make lunches for the guys for next week as well.
And finish my closet.
And I'm sure there's a bunch more stuff I'm forgetting.
But I'll remember when it's time.
Or too late.... 
Ha.

No comments: