Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Howdy!

I haven't been around much lately.
Not much to report.

Tonight Kyle and I went to the woods and got some wood ash from the wild fire.

It's good for the chickens to use in their dirt bath.

It kills lice / mites.
Not that they have any.
But an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I have all the girls staying in the big coop now.
*We call it the condo.

But I'm still letting them lay eggs in Rocky's little coop.
I had it all closed up yesterday.
And nobody laid anything.
(Well, the little girls laid a couple tiny new eggs in the condo)

I opened the coop and two of the black girls dashed in their and laid eggs.

But nobody else.

So today I left it open for them.

I usually take my eggs next door to sell on Wednesday evenings.
But Rod sold a dozen to a Sister from church.
So I only had a dozen and a half to sell today.
I should get another half dozen tomorrow.
Rod will take them over after he gathers them around noon.

I have a Trails and Greenways meeting tomorrow at 6:00.
And then I need to drive over to Orlando.

I'm teaching my final class this weekend.

I'm kind of looking forward to taking a break.



1 comment:

Rod said...

A well deserved break, you work too hard.