Thursday, March 28, 2013

Muscle Memory

Way back in 1987, when we found out we were pregnant for the first time,
we bought an '88 Isuzu Trooper.
I drove it exclusively for about 8 years.
Until it started having some transmission issues.

Then I switched to a Chevy Astrovan.  (Automatic transmission)
And then to my black truck.  (automatic transmisson)

A couple of years ago, Kyle and Rod rebuilt the transmission (etc)
and Kyle has been driving the Trooper ever since.


Earlier this week, Kyle needed to use Rod's truck to pull his trailer.
So Kyle took Rod's big white truck.
Rod needs a truck at work, so he took my big black truck.
And I drove Kyle's Trooper.

It was FUN!
I always loved that truck.

I drove it Monday and Tuesday.

Today, I left the office to get some lunch.
I climbed in my big black truck.
But my mind was on whether or not I really wanted an egg salad sandwich.

Turned the key, started the motor, and my left foot pushed in the clutch.
All by itself.
Except my truck is an automatic.

Except for 2 days this week, I haven't driven a manual in about 12+ years.

It's so strange how your body remembers stuff.

*****************************************************

Unrelated stuff:

I had a couple of people ask questions about the bunnies.
They are adorable.
Cute.
Cuddly.
They have names.
They will not be pets.
They are breeders.


They will be making babies.
You know what they say...  They breed like rabbits!
Their babies will be heading to "freezer camp" every 8 - 10 weeks or so.
We are working towards more and more self-sufficiency.

*************************************************************

I checked my records today.
We sold our first dozen eggs to the CSA next door on 2/27.
Today, 3/28, we sold 6 dozen!
So far we have sold $106.00 worth of eggs.
In a month!

And now that the girls are starting to lay, that number should go up.
Lay girls, Lay!

No comments: