Saturday, March 16, 2013

I Tried.....

I tried!

As soon as I was done with school tonight I dashed to the local WalMart.
That's where I get my Synthroid.
I knew I could get them to pull up my prescription and 
give me 4 pills to tide me over.

As I walked up,
they closed up.

They close at 7 on Saturdays.
Sigh.

But at least they had one bottle of Turmeric.
Our WalMart has been out for MONTHS!

So that was good.

On the way back, I decided to stop at Mimi's Cafe.
I had a DELICIOUS bowl of Tomato Basil Soup.
YUM!
And a deliciously light Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry.

It was really tasty!

Meanwhile.....
The instructor who is working with my replacement for Boynton Beach
texted me this morning.
Wanting to know if I watched him teach last weekend.
I told her no... all I had him do was watch me, 
do all the Admin stuff,
and then I assigned him a couple of chapters to read, study, and be prepared to teach this weekend.

He is a Community College Math teacher.

I guess he decided that if he could teach math,
he could certainly teach insurance.
As a professional teacher, he should be able to wing it.

She is pretty sure he never even OPENED the book over the week.

So, on my suggestion, she humbled him a little.
Told him (at break) that he was done for the day.
She took over teaching.
(it is SO hard to watch "your" students struggling with a less-than-stellar instructor...)
Then she assigned him a specific topic to prepare for tomorrow.
And then told him to be ready to teach for 5 hours
next Saturday and next Sunday.
Or be prepared to find another job.

(She is tough as nails - I don't know if I could do that.  But she can!)

I'm anxious to hear from her tomorrow to see how it went.
I hope he understands the importance of "upping his game"!

No comments: