Tuesday, June 10, 2014

KBuff is also gettin' up there!

Yesterday was Kyle's birthday.
(He was due on Jim's birthday,
but has always danced to his own music...)

Stupid Blogger won't let me rotate, even though
this picture looks right in my files...
He and his "minions" built this swing.
It is NOT on our property.
It is also kinda sketchy.
But they had fun...

The same "minions" celebrated his birthday
by loading up the motorcycles and heading
out into the woods for a day's riding.
They also brought hot dogs.
Built a fire and cooked over it.

They had a BLAST!
I don't have any pictures.

Kyle has never liked cake.
So I made his traditional birthday cake.


It will last a whole lot longer than a regular cake.
Until we get LOTS of rain.
And, although this is the rainy season,
we haven't had more than a little drop
in several weeks.
So this might be around for awhile...

Then we all got together last night
for a family birthday dinner.
Steak, hamburgers, and a big ol' green salad.
(I had all the stuff to make his favorite side.)
(I forgot to make it.)
(I took the day off and we worked all day long.)
(I was a little tired.)
(I'll post tomorrow about what we were doing.)

Dinner was really good.
(Kyle and Jim did the seasonings - they rock!)
But the company was even better.

It's so wonderful to spend an evening with the gang.
I worry that those days are limited.
As they get older and start thinking about
trying some place other than THIS place
to live.

Like Utah.
Or Arizona.
Or Kansas.

All WAY too far away for this Mama.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

In the meantime...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE!
I LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!!

No comments: