Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Moses Plagues - Incident Reports

It's hurricane season.
And rainy season.
And Moses Plague season.

The current plagues are frogs and mosquitoes.

If a mosquitoe lands on you,
you smack it.

If a frog lands on you...
silliness ensues.

Incident Report #1:
Kyle came walking down the hall holding
a frog by its feet, offering frog legs for dinner.
He FINALLY captured this one.
It had been hanging out in his toilet.
(thankfully I did not know this...)

Incident Report #2:
A frog snuck into the house and was sitting
in wait on the piano bench next to the patio doors.
As I opened the doors and came in,
he made a giant leap.
Landing on my bare arm.
Much dancing, screeching and hand flapping ensued.
I managed to swoosh him out the door.

Incident Report #3:
Laying in bed, watching TV.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw a black blob
fly through the sky and land on the other side of the bed.
Right on/next to Rod.
Much dancing, screeching and hand flapping ensued.
He managed to catch him (on the headboard) and
toss him into the backyard.

Incident Report #4:
Last night at WalMart, Kyle opened the back door
of my truck to put the groceries in there,
and a random frog jumped IN to my truck!
He tried to swoosh it out, but it just went deeper in.
My entire school is in the backseat of my truck.
(which means lots of hidey holes)
I found the frog - a cute little leopard skinned
guy only about 1.5 inches long.
But I couldn't reach him.
No sign of him this morning.
We have no resolution to this incident report.
I'm hoping there will be NO dancing, screeching
or flapping of hands involved.
I did close my truck up tight this morning,
hoping the blazing sun would heat my truck to oven
temperatures and cook the little beast.
But I'm not confident.

I'm wearing long sleeves today.

No comments: