Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Jimbo is OLD

Saturday was Jimbo's birthday.
He's old.
He's finished the first quarter and entered the second.

He said he feels old.
Especially when people ask him if he feels old.
Old and Cranky.
LOL

He had to work.
Bummer.

So I tried to lighten his day by taking him to lunch.

We went to a favorite, Makotos.
It's a Japanese restaurant.
One of those where you sit in the pit
and they cook right there for you.

But we were on his lunch.
We didn't have time for a meal AND a show.

So we just ate in the lounge.

It was DELICIOUS!


I've never actually ordered sushi before.
It was better than I expected.
But not as good as I hoped.
(My favorite part was actually the Bento Box!)
(I wanted to take it with me!)

And there were, of course, a couple of surprises.

The pretty little square in the middle.
Thinly sliced candied carrots
and an avacado puree.

YUM!!!

Except it was actually thinly sliced candied ginger (hot)
and wasabi puree (HOT HOT HOT)
(My eyes popped out of my head
and my nose fell off my face.)
It was tasty!
I ate more.
In T.I.N.Y. bitelets.


Jim had a pretty plate full of goodies too.
(It was a little dark... it's a Lounge.)

We had a great visit.
I love spending time just chatting with my boy.


Sadly, I am also OLD.
I trusted my camera to focus for me.
Since I wasn't wearing my glasses.
And was unable to focus for myself.
(I put them on AFTER the ginger/wasabi fiasco)

Trust me - it was a cute picture
of a handsome guy!

Happy Birthday Jimbo!
I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love all kinds of bento boxes too!

Collette said...

I love those old "shadow boxes", so I guess that love transfers to a shadow box you can eat out of!!! Best of all worlds...