Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Zoodles

In our quest to eat healthier
and maintain the weight we have lost
and spend money
I bought a new toy.

And I LOVE it!
(The jury is still out for Rod)
(This is HIS lunch - he hasn't eaten it yet...)


On Saturday I bought a little toy
called a Veggetti.
You use it to turn vegetables
into spaghetti noodles.


I stuck an unpeeled zucchini in it.
And then you just twist.


The result is a pile of "zoodles".
(You can also use carrots, potatoes, other
squashes, any firm vegetable!)


Then I added a big spoonful of cottage cheese
some tomato/basil spaghetti sauce
and a good sprinkle of parm cheese.

When he gets ready to eat, he just
sticks it in the microwave for 90 seconds.

The zoodles taste like el dante noodles!
They definitely DO NOT taste like zucchini!

Sunday I tried it out, made a tiny batch,
took a taste, and then handed it to Jim to taste.
When I turned around again, it was GONE!
Guess it was good...
(And that was without any cheese!)
Quick.
Easy.
Healthy.
Tasty.

WIN!

*$10.88 in the "as seen on TV" section at WalMart/Walgreens etc.


No comments: