Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Small Town Christmas

This past weekend I got to substitute in a little
town called Miami Lakes.
It's a tiny suburb of Miami
really exclusive
really fancy
and totally all in for Christmas.

They don't like traffic in their little town.
If you look at their map
it looks like one of those little pencil mazes
they draw in the back of kid's magazines.

Thank goodness for GPS!

(But I was still lost most of the time...)

When I FINALLY found my hotel on
Saturday evening, I headed back down
and wandered along Main Street
and enjoyed the Christmas Spirit
for a little while.


It was all decorated nicely,
there was an elementary school
choir singing on the corner.
Lots of people walking up and down the
sidewalks and streets.

It was fun to spend an evening in a small
town enjoying the atmosphere.
(My small town has a beautiful tree all lit
up in front of the fire station and the town
hall is all lit up, but we don't
have a "downtown"... it's a farming
community.)

Hope you are enjoying the build up
to Christmas!

No comments: