Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Wow

There are a LOT of blogs that I find myself
starting to title 
"Whew".

Its like nothing happens in my life
and then suddenly the flood gates open
(generally on the weekend)
and then I finally get to pull back
and check in and all I want to say is

WHEW!

This past weekend was one of those.

Friday after work I headed home.
The dogs were in the garage and the
horses were loose in the back yard.

I let the dogs out
(and finally remembered to close the door.
Buddy LOVES the dog food... darn horse)

Then I headed to the barn to get my bucket
so I could gather my eggs.
There is one chicken who lays an egg in a
feed bin inside the barn, so I grabbed that one first.

As I was coming out of the barn and trying
to hold my bucket, close and chain the new
gate closed...

OH!  New gates!!!


NICE, eh?  Rod put those up by himself
while I was out of town.

AND he put in a new porch light!


LOVE IT!

Anyhow.
Back to my story.

So I'm trying to close the gate
while holding my bucket
that has an egg in it
and Andy (my horse) comes over to 
see if there is anything good IN the bucket.
(And likely to bust my egg that is rolling
around loose in there...)

So I turned around and smacked him on the 
cheek with the side of my fist.

And broke something in my hand.

I would show you a picture.
But it would be anti-climactic.
I have a lovely bruise that runs from the base of
my pinky finger all the way to my wrist bone.
But it's the same color as my tan.
My palm is also bruised.
And it is swollen.
But it doesn't photograph well.

So trust me.
If only I had HURT-A-VISION.

(And I must have bumped it 2000 times
in class over the weekend!  In fact I just NOW
hit my desk with it.  OUCH!!!!)

Anyhow.

I gathered the eggs.
Headed to the house.
Amazon had delivered a bunch of stuff.
Which was AWESOME
because my canisters on my counter were
EMPTY!

So, I was filling them.
And Bandit was playing on the floor beside me.
And I WATCHED her swallow the
stupid push pin.


Yes.
The vet returned it to us.
(I'm considering having it gold plated.)


Kinda looks lethal!


Look how innocent she looks!

She is now "pinless" but also missing her
"lady bits"
As long as they had her under the knife
we decided to do a "two-fer".

She and Shadow have to be kept separate
*unless we are there to supervise
since they are CRAZY when they are together.

Yesterday Shadow had to stay in her crate all day.
Poor girl!  None of this is HER fault!
(She was hiding on the couch!  Bandit can't 
consistently get up there yet...)

So today Shadow is out in the dog yard with Bison.
Bandit is in the garage (dog room) by herself.
And was crying her head off when I left.
(She's never been alone before...)

There is a radio playing out there.
She'll survive.
And the good thing about living in the country...
no (limited) neighbors to be annoyed by her noise.
(And the only neighbors close enough to maybe hear
are inside with their windows closed and the A/C blasting.
He just had surgery, so no hanging outside for him either...)

Anyhow.

I worked until 9:30 Sunday night and then headed
home, arriving in town around 11:30.
And then had to work 10 hours yesterday
(and every day this week until Thursday)
since my employer decided to close Friday
and offered us the opportunity to work instead of
use our personal time.

WHEW!

No comments: