Thursday, February 9, 2017

I'm NOT the worst shot!

I listen to a country music station in the mornings
on the way to work.
Because the Grammy's are this weekend
they decided to try to predict who the
winners will be by having the female host
shoot at a target using her pellet gun.
I gather there is a grid like a Bingo game
and it's stuck on a cardboard box.
They are standing pretty close.

And yesterday she MISSED the whole box.
By like 3 feet.
And BOY was she hearing about it!
Are your eyes open?
You have an inner ear infection, maybe you
kind of fell over?
Etc etc etc.

Kind of reminds me of the first time I
shot my new .22 rifle.
I couldn't hit the target to save my life!
I tried everything!
I was SURE the sites were off.
But Kyle tried it and hit the bulls eye.
(show off)
Turns out, I had one eye closed, like Rod
told me to do.
Unfortunately, it was the wrong eye.
Sheesh.
I will NEVER live that down.

But back to the radio show.
One of the other hosts "inspected" the gun
to see if it could be a mechanical malfunction.
Yup.
It's her gun.
She brought it from home.
And she loaded it.
Backwards.

All the pellets were in there backwards!
Imagine hitting a badminton bird with the feathers
facing forward and you see her problem.
The pellets were leaving the gun
and practically dropping straight to the ground.

This morning she did MUCH better!
Whew!

Nice to know at least I didn't do THAT wrong!
(of course, I don't load my own gun, my
darling husband does that for me!)
Hmmmmmmmm

No comments: