Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Our "garden"

You might be familiar with Jim's gardens.
He has a green thumb.

He got it from both sides of the family.
Rod's Mom could grow a tree from a dead stick.
(And did on a couple of occasions...)
And of course, Mom & Dad's garden was
legendary!
(As were the Daddy Long Legs in the beans...)

However,
somehow that gene seemed to skip a generation.
I am NOT a good gardener.
For the most part.
I grew some killer okra.
Back before I knew what to do with it.
And I've been moderately successful with
green peas.  (Shhh, Kyle and I always ate
them right out of the garden, I don't think Rod
ever knew they grew!)
But for the most part?

Fail.

But we are trying again!

This time we are using a nifty bucket method
Rod learned about (and researched exhaustively) online.

I give you...
Buffaloe Acres.





Ok, there are only 6 buckets.
But aren't they colorful and cute?
We have high hopes for these.
There are 4 cherry tomato plants
and 2 mini sweet peppers.

If these survive, I'm hoping to add green peas.
But I doubt they will do well.
(wink wink)

No comments: