Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Yum!

I had planned to make "Lazy Lasagna" 
for dinner last night.
But I used all my cottage cheese
for a batch of my favorite salad
(cottage cheese, green apple, celery, walnuts)
don't forget this salad - it's SO yummy!

Anyhow.

I was out of cottage cheese.
And the only ground meat I have is some
pretty pricey ground bison.
Not hiding it in lazy lasagna!

So....

I had several chicken breasts already cooked
up (I did them in my pressure cooker over the
weekend) so I grabbed a couple of them,
put them in a 9x13 pan, put a slice of 
provolone cheese on each one and covered
it all with some sugar free tomato basil marinara
that I bought from my favorite grocery store.
In my "on plan" eating plan, this is considered
a Fuel Pull.  (No significant carbs OR fat!
but lots of great protein...)
Stuck that in the toaster over to heat up.

Then I dropped a couple sweet potatoes
into my pressure cooker and set it for 20 minutes.
Should have done 15. But they were still great.

And then I quickly mixed up some 
"Tummy Tucking Ice Cream"
and poured that into the ice cream maker.

20 minutes later we had a GREAT meal!

The chicken turned out really good,
sweet potatoes in the pressure cooker come out 
soft, sweet, creamy.  The peelings just slide off,
and then they don't even need butter or brown sugar!
SO delicious!
I had a side of steamed broccoli to round it out.
And then a little later we had some fresh
blueberry ice cream for desert!

Aaaaaaaaah.
And there was enough for lunch today!
Is it noon yet????

1 comment:

rktucson said...

that all sounds yummy! Greg and I are trying to add more vegitables to our diet, and less meat (although we usually only eat chicken when we do, except for our weekly trip to 5 Guys! lol)
So I'm interested in your pressure cooker that you just pop your sweet potatoes into. I got some lovely baking dishes (with lids) for Christmas and am trying to find some good ideas to use them. But I did love your idea on the chicken breasts with the cheese and marinara. We are making pasta these days in our pasta maker and loving it!