Monday, February 6, 2017

Piano

I haven't played the piano in a LONG time.
I have one.
Sitting right there in my living room.
And I think about it sometimes.
But I don't do it.

The last time I played the piano was 
at Mom and Dad's (when they were in the
Casita so not THIS year's trip, last year's...)
She had her old Moonlight Sonata music
out and I gave it a whirl.
Hahahahahahahahahaha

So anyway.

Yesterday was our Stake Conference.
It was also our one year anniversary-ish.
We are a brand new stake.
And our stake building is Teeny Tiny.
So they piped the meeting in to the
local meeting houses.

So anyway.

Rod got to conduct for our building
(since he is the High Councilor over our ward)
and being Rod, he arrived an hour early
just to "be sure".
And there were no chairs set up.

Luckily some other ward members showed up
shortly after and by the time I got there 
at 10:25 the chairs were all set up.
(Started at 11)

I really didn't want to just sit in the pew
for another 30 minutes, so I wandered off
to the Relief Society room and sat down at the piano.
It felt great to play a couple of hymns.
Muscle memory is an amazing thing!

At 10:50 I decided I had better head back
into the chapel.
And what I found there were a bunch of 
noisy people chatting happily,
and Rod and his IT guy frantically trying to
get the live stream to work. 
They finally had video, but the audio wasn't working.

So I headed up to the stand and opened 
the baby grand to play some prelude music.
I was pretty happy the Lord had me warm up first!

By the end of the 2nd verse of 
I Am A Child Of God
(I sometimes think if we do Primary songs,
it catches the ears of the kids and at least THEY
quiet down a little bit... lol)
they got the audio going and we got to enjoy
the Stake Choir for another minute or two
before the service began.

The meeting was excellent,
our Stake President was our Bishop minutes before
(well actually concurrently) when he was called.
He's an amazing young man.
And, of course, Rod did a great job.
He is getting good at this stuff!

1 comment:

rktucson said...

What a great story!Love that muscle memory!! :)