Friday, October 20, 2017

First Week in the Bag

Well.
I'm retired.
And I've BEEN retired for a week.
And its been really nice.

Except for the whole being sick part.
LOL

I'm feeling better every day.
Still not planning to do much today though.
I'm driving down to West Palm
this afternoon to get ready for school.

I have 150 students pre-registered.
I'm HOPING only 25-ish show up.
The other schools around the state are
having those sorts of numbers.
TONS of people registered,
but tiny numbers actually showing up.
(They think people are registering in 
multiple locations and others are just
registering to get the points...)

Anyhow.
Wish me luck!
LOL

Meanwhile, this morning I went out
and fed the animals and then sat in my
chair in the sunshine and read for half
an hour.  It was really nice!
Then Kyle came out on his way to work
and we visited for a bit.
(Nice to work for yourself - flex hours...)
And now I'm in the house making breakfast.

And it brought me back to millions of
breakfasts back in the old days.
Mom slicing bananas onto bowls of mush.

I'm slicing half a banana onto a bowl of mush.
Ok, steel cut oats made in my pressure cooker
(I made a week's worth on Monday)
with freeze dried wild blueberries and strawberries.
But still...
LOL

Thanks Mom for getting up all those mornings
and cutting grapefruits or slicing bananas,
making mush so we didn't start the day with
sugar filled cold cereal like some of our friends.

Now I'm going to go sit and eat.
Have a great Friday!

No comments: