Thursday, October 12, 2017

Thursday Aimless Ramblings

TWO DAYS LEFT!!!!!

I have nothing to do.
So I'm just hanging out here.

Counting the minutes.

Strangely not nostalgic or doing
any of the "almost the last time I'll do that..."
sort of thing.

Except driving on the highway.
Almost the last time I HAVE to do that
in the morning rush.

I was looking through my old email files
and found an email from my old friend
Kathy Salter.
She used to live here in town
and then moved to Utah.

I took a chance and sent an email
and she got right back to me!
(We are friends on FB, but neither of us are 
very active on there...)
We've been emailing back and forth.
It's been fun!
She works for one of the colleges out there.
We used to talk on the phone for hours
everyday when we were both stay at home moms
with a house full of little kids.
She had all girls - red heads.

One of the things I'm super excited about
is finally being able to talk to my FAMILY 
during the day!
Bringing back Thursday morning phone chats with Sondra.
Daily (ok, probably not, I'm not that good)
chats with Mom & Dad.
Figuring out Nancy and Rozann's schedules
and trying to find a good time to visit with them. 

Heads up.
The first week I'm not likely to communicate
with anybody.
I'm probably going to see if I can
impersonate a zombie.
It is nearly Halloween after all.

I would actually like to give that a try today!
Did one of those "wake up a 2:24 and stay awake until 4"
things again over night.
Sheesh.

I usually only do that in hotels.
Finally got up and drank a bottle of water.
Eventually I drifted back off again.
But my alarm clock still goes off.
ONLY ONCE MORE!!!!
Hee hee!

Ok.
This is enough rambling.
I promise I'll do better.
One of these days.....

No comments: