Thursday, October 26, 2017

Thursday Already!

Wow!
Time flies when you are having fun!
And I have been.

Relaxing is FUN!

And cooking real food is fun!
(Don't ask Kyle, he doesn't think
the food I cook is real...)

But we DID try out a Blue Apron
recipe he found online.
And it was really good!

Pork chops.
And he doesn't usually eat pork.

I just got back from delivering my eggs.
Next door.
They were having a sale on
pasture raised pork.
So I bought a nice butt.
(There's a sentence you don't read often...)
I'm going to put it in the
pressure cooker tomorrow
(it's frozen solid)
and make yummy pulled pork
for the guys to eat this weekend
while I'm out of town.
(Maybe Kyle will eat it...)

Meanwhile,
Rod finished the roof last night.
What a relief!!!!!

It looks fantastic!


Putting up the final corner piece.

It was a lot of work, climbing up and down
the ladder mostly.
Each piece was a different size
(Bill obviously didn't believe in measuring,
so when he put the room up, under cover 
of night, NOTHING is square or even.
Sheesh.)
so Rod had to put one up,
then measure and go cut the next one,
then back up the ladder to install it.
Rinse and repeat.

But it is finally done and it looks terrific.

All we have left is to buy and install
the ceiling fan.
We have it picked out, I just need to
go pick it up.

Rod has a sore jaw this week,
so he is leaving work early (in about
30 minute actually) and we are heading
to the doctor to check it out.
Might be an infection of some sort.
Oil of Oregano is helping,
but he doesn't want to take chances.

We will probably go get the fan
when we are done there.

And then I have a little bit of touch-up
painting to do in the living room and
bedroom where the roof leaked before,
and then we are FINISHED.
For this round.
(hahahahahahaha)

***************************************

Lost dog update:
The woman FINALLY called about 3:30
and said she was at work 
(after I texted her husband again to let
him know I STILL had his dogs...)
She brought her daughter and they
came to get the dogs about 5:30.
She was really nice and gave me
a gas card as a thank you.
(My hands were full of dog leashes, and she stuck it in my pocket.)
Anyhow.
They were glad to go home.
I think.
The little girl REALLY wanted to go see
the horses, but it is SO muddy here
and she was in her school uniform and shoes.

Whew.  I'm sure they didn't love
spending the day in my laundry room.

*****************************

PS - LOVING my new computer!
But I'm going to need a tutorial on 
this nifty pen.  I'm sure it does things
I've only dreamed about...

1 comment:

rktucson said...

Glad you like the computer and pen - I sure love mine. the pens are nifty and do lots of stuff but you'll have to google what you can do with them, or go on the Microsoft site - I only point with it (like my finger on a touch screen) when what i want to touch is too small for my fingers! LoL and I like to use it when I play Microsoft's Spider Solitaire - then I don't have to reach so far with my arm (in bed or on the sofa) LoL