Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Howdy

We are drying out.
It is WINDY!
But that's good.
It's helping our property dry out a bit.

Of course they are predicting another
9 - 10" of rain between now and Friday.

We'll take it though.
Our aquafir has been low for awhile.
The main problem now is that the
ground is so saturated, trees are coming down.
And the SINK HOLES!
Oh my goodness!

Whole houses are being swallowed.
Not like on every block or anything,
but it's pretty devastating when it happens
so of course it makes the news.

*************************************

In other news...
I sent an email to my boss
and his assistant letting them know
of my upcoming retirement and 
availability to substitute teach if needed.

He sent me a text shortly after receiving
my email and said he and his assistant 
were JUST trying to figure out how they
were going to cover an emergency class
they have to run this weekend.

Presto!
I'm your gal!!!!!!

The company is running a special this month
where they are waiving the fee to start up.
And people are signing up in DROVES!

My West Palm Beach class is already
"sold out".  (Which means I probably
have 75 students registered.  For a room
that holds 30 MAX.  Hopefully stats hold
true and more than 50% will be no-shows.)

Meanwhile, they have a school in Orlando
that has 150 people registered!
So they are going to start school on Friday
morning at 8:00.  Once the room reaches
capacity, they will send the over flow to me,
and my class will start at 9:00.

Should be interesting.

(Which means I am calling in "sick" on Friday
and Monday in order to run this school.)
(My supervisor here suggested I use sick time
instead of vacation time, since I have over 250 hours
of sick time and I will lose it ALL when I leave.)
(I love this lady.)
(She is one of the very few things I will miss.)
(Meanwhile - I did look into the possibility
of "donating" my sick hours to my coworker
who has some real health issues. 
But they said no.)
(boo hiss)

Monday the 16th is boss' day.
I will be gone by then.
But I'm going to mail her a card
with a good sized gift card inside 
to thank her for 17 years of
"I've got your back".

1 comment:

rktucson said...

SUPER Congrats on your retirement! It's been a long ride!