Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Tired.....

Whew!

I survived.

Drove over to Orlando Thursday evening
and checked into my hotel.
It was an experience.
Because of the hurricane, all the hotels
in the state are BOOKED SOLID.
Tons and tons of construction workers
and plumbers and electricians and
even still some power company crews.

I couldn't book 5 nights in a row.
So I booked 1 night, and then 4 more.

But my boss also asked me to book a
room for the spanish instructor coming
over from Tampa.
For his room I couldn't get the same
set up as mine, I had to do the opposite.
4 nights in a row and then 1 more night.
The poor girl at the front desk was 
a little flummoxed.  But we got it figured out.
I had to check out and check back in
the next morning.
Shout out to Sue at the front desk,
when I got down there Friday morning,
she had already done it all for me and
put me back in the same room.
YEA SUE!
(Like she will ever see this... lol)

I drove over and with the help of another
instructor (it's his normal site) we sat 
around and waited for the hordes to show up.
(There were 237 people registered for a class
across town, we had no idea how many were
going to choose to battle the Friday morning
Orlando traffic and descend on us...)
I got 10.
Class started at 9.  They strolled in at 8:59.
Seriously.

Class went well for all 4 days.
There were minor technical glitches,
and a LOT of people running around.
But we managed to get it done.

My boss told me I had to spend the night
Monday night - good choice!  I was a bit whipped.

Tuesday morning I woke up EARLY and drove
back over the swamps to work.
Spent the day training my replacement,
and then spent almost 2 hours trying to submit
my expense report.  It was crazy confusing
and the website kept crashing.

I was TIRED!

So I left work at the end of the day.
Stopping by Aldi's to pick up some eggs
for the dogs and then hitting the highway.
Again.

Then I called Rod.
Hi Sweetheart.
Where are you?

He said (ok, I HEARD)
I'm with James at a bar at Coastal Hyundai.

Crickets.

My brain is struggling.
We don't call Jim James.
Rod would NEVER meet him at a bar.
And Coastal Hyundai is a car dealership,
but not the one Jim works at...
he sells Volkswagen!

So I just said, Ok, I'll see you at home.

When he got home, I asked him to explain
where he was when I called.

He said
"I was doing my Home Teaching,
meeting with James Adabar where he
works at Coastal Hyundai."

Whew!!!!!!

I probably shouldn't talk on the phone
when I'm that tired.

COUNT DOWN UPDATE.....
THREE DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!

(There was a big wreck on the highway this morning
and it took me almost as long to make the turn off
the highway to my office as it took to drive from
our town up here!  And I was calm as a cucumber.
Late Shmate.
Who cares.
LOL!!!!!)

No comments: