Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Another Busy Day

I worked at town hall for a couple of hours
yesterday - paying the town's bills.
Got the checks all ready for signatures
and dashed home for a minute.

There is literally NO FOOD that doesn't
require defrosting and significant cooking.

So I tossed some okra in the air fryer,
some eggs in the fry pan,
and repeated breakfast for dinner.

And then dashed back over to town hall
for the special meeting and workshop.
Got all my checks signed and stayed in my
office with the door open so I could hear
and see but not be seen (for the most part).
(I was entering some deposits etc into QuickBooks
in the meantime, so I wasn't just sitting there...)

The meeting lasted 2 hours.
Some of it was very informative.
Some of it was BORING.
And some of it got a little rowdy.

But they FINALLY got to the point,
accomplished "something" and called
it a night.
Whew!

I got home about 9:20.

This morning I headed back over,
got the checks and invoices all copied,
the checks into envelopes and ready
to take to the post office,
and then plugged in my ear buds and
started typing up some minutes of the meeting.

It took me nearly 2 hours!
Ha!
That even includes skipping over the 30 minutes
I knew was just the town engineer going over
a surface map showing every ditch, canal,
and drop of water in the entire town.
(We have a stormwater problem... the 
drainage / ditch system is broken.)

I finally got it so it was (I hope) coherent,
put it on the Town Administrator's desk so
he can take a look.
Hopefully he recognizes it as the meeting
he attended.
(haha)

Left about 4:45 and headed to the post office
and then home.

Once again, I was starving.
(I had a delicious bowl of oatmeal for breakfast,
but I didn't have anything but a hand full 
of almonds for lunch.)

Okra and eggs to the rescue!
Ha!

And now I'm making protein balls for snacking
on for the rest of the week for Rod and I.
And in a little bit I'm going to get up
and make a "cheesy chicken & broccoli casserole"
for Rod and I to eat for lunches this week.

Random picture of Roxy since I haven't put any pictures in my blog for a couple of days!

No comments: