Tuesday, February 5, 2019

BLT on a "Diet"

I was craving a BLT today.
But I don't really do bread.
I can do sprouted whole wheat bread,
but that is a carb, and the ingredients in BLT
are most definitely FATS.
So...

I got creative.

Granted, I didn't invent this... but I get
points for remembering its existence. 
(I'm an easy grader... lol)


Start with two big ol' romaine lettuce leaves.
And then a shmear of Duke's mayonnaise.

I feel sorry for you people who don't live
in the south where Duke's is the mayo of royalty.
It's amazing.

Then I pulled out two slices of baked bacon.
(I did a rasher {two cookie sheets} full on Sunday.)
Heated them up quick in the microwave.

Sliced up a Roma tomato (more meat).
And half an avocado, changing this from a BLT
to a BLTA.

It was DELICIOUS!

I probably should have dusted it with some
Lawry's Seasoned Salt.
But I didn't think about it until just now.

Anyhow.
It hit the spot.
Scratched the itch.
Satisfied the craving.

And made me very very happy.