Saturday, February 2, 2019

Riding with my Husband

Rod suggested we take the horses out.
They (we) haven't been out in a long time!

This morning was the PERFECT morning for it.

Tacked up, put the dogs away, and headed out.

Getting on my horse was an abomination!
Luckily I was behind Rod and he was
focused on getting his horse ready
because that mount was NOT graceful!
(More of a "drag" than a "mount" really...)

And then, while getting on, he knocked off his hat.
So I gallantly offered to "hop down" (loose definition of "hop")
and rescue it for him.

And then I had to get back on again.

Very nearly caused us to abort the entire ride,
right there in our driveway!

Sheesh.

But I made it into my saddle.
And again, luckily, without an audience.
Andy wasn't too impressed though.

Check out that blue sky!

CJ walks much faster than Andy does.

We spend a lot off time jogging to catch up.

And the cute cowboy and his horse!

A really nice couple is building a new house
right there at the end of the road,
next to the entrance to the preserve.
(Working in the town building department lets me
meet all sorts of folks!)


Rod's stirrups were too short, so we stopped
at the trail shelter my committee built,
and he fixed them.
Luckily he is much better at the mount/dismount thing.


We met a couple of bike riders just coming in 
for a rest. They were very pleasant and looked
like they were having a fun morning.
(although the two "newbies" looked a little ... exhausted?)
hahahahahaha
The guys that ride out there all the time
forget how taxing "mountain / sand" riding can be!

And we were off again!


After the obligatory photos, of course.

Beautiful morning, eh?

And a really nice ride! 
We rode for about an hour.
We have other stuff to do.

And none of us are getting any younger.


The horses were ready for a little rest and a good
roll and back scratch when we got home.

All in all, a nice morning.

***************************************************************
So.
This month is the first month of my 
60 day T-Tapp Challenge.
Today, for day 2, we went riding.

My goal for this challenge is
1. Consistency
2. Drop a size from 8 to 6.

My goal for this MONTH of the challenge
is to improve my thigh strength.
Hahahahaha.

No comments: