Monday, February 11, 2019

Last... Again.

Why am I always the last person on the planet
to learn stuff that everybody else knows???

Sigh.

Anyhow.

Over the weekend I was watching some random
YouTube videos. I don't do that often, but the
guys were up at the ranch, pouring concrete
and I was here alone.

I ended up on the channel of a news anchor
from somewhere in Texas.
She was really polished and pretty and
was teaching how to do "mature" makeup.

Well... I'm not sure I'm "mature" but
since I'm 59, I'm old.
So I decided to watch.
I got some good pointers.

And then her next video was tips about
taking selfies.
I do not take selfies.
It's hard.
And stupid.
And narcissistic.
(Which are my excuses cuz the REAL reason
is it's too hard to hold the phone and 
push the stupid camera button at the same time.)

So yeah.
She starts out with
"I'm sure you already know this, but when taking
a selfie, the bottom half of the volume button
on the side of your phone will also snap
the picture."

WHAT??????

It's a whole new ball game out there people!


Sunday, after church, (read makeup... lol)
I decided to give it a try.

Yup, works!
It would work better if I didn't have an
"otter box" on my phone which makes
it hard to push the buttons,
but this is a whole bunch easier!


I played with it a little.

And decided I'm still not a selfie person.

But I learned something!
And that's always good!

******************************************************

Busy week this week.
Nothing as busy as NEXT week is going to be,
but still.

This week I'm spending a couple hours at
Town Hall every day.
Our Town Treasurer / Town Clerk is in Atlanta
for the next 3 weeks helping her sister who
is going through chemo / radiation.

I'm covering for her.
Today I went in and did the deposits.
And researched a bunch of stuff.
Tomorrow I'll do the bills.
I'm hoping the Town Administrator will
be there tomorrow. (He wasn't there today...)
He set up a laptop for me to use,
but it won't connect to any of the websites
that I need access to while I'm there.

I have a bunch of stuff I need to update
in QuickBooks, but can't do it if I
can't get in the system...

I'm starting a new class this weekend.
I have 49 people pre-registered, so it 
should be a good 18-20 person class.
I like that size.

Next week "we" are closed on Monday.
Tuesday and Wednesday I'm in Orlando at 
our annual "Train the Trainer" meeting for school.
9-5 on Tues with a "team dinner" at 6.
Wed is 9-12 and then I jump in my car
and dash back to the town to get Payroll done
before the deadline.
Also post the agenda for the regular 
Town Council Meeting.
And then meet Rod when he gets off work
so we can drive up to the
ranch and help Kyle with the vet 
at 7:30 (in the MORNING! Yikes).
They are vaccinating all the cows,
castrating all the little bull calves,
weighing everybody,
and hopefully putting two new little steers
in the trailer for Rod and I to bring home.
And then Friday it's back to the Town
during the day and driving down to school
that evening.

********************************************************

I still hate my hair.
(grin)

No comments: