Thursday, February 7, 2019

Hair

Yesterday I took a huge plunge.

I went to a hair salon and told them
I thought it was time to "grey gracefully".

I have a significant patch of iron grey
hair on the top of my head.
Which is why I wear my hair up
99% of the time.
Cuz then you can see the grey,
but not the weird red/brown on
the rest of my head.


No idea why I took that picture.
I was sitting in my "office" at school.
Anyhow.

I spent FIVE hours in the chair.
Who does this?

Thank goodness I brought my Kindle.
I finished Hunger Games #2 and started #3.

First she did a "weave" and stripped the 
color from a bunch of my hair.
It was practically white and I was 
VERY EXCITED!

Then she added the "beautiful gun metal grey".

It took FOREVER.
And I spent WAY too much time with my
head hanging in the sink.
My neck was not happy at all.

And then she cut it.
And then she dried it.
And then I paid a gazillion dollars for it.
And then I came home.
And was SUPER disappointed.

Yes, I'm wearing a tank.
Just finished working out and doing my 20 minutes
of daily"Vitamin D Therapy".
ie: sitting in the sun while reading.

I'm really pleased with the cut.
But the color is SO not what I wanted.
It's dark.
She got rid of the ugly red/brown,
But she also got rid of most of the grey.
There are ZERO streaks.
What did we spent over an hour doing
the stupid foil weave things for?????
Grumpy.

I'll live with it.
Cuz I'm never spending 5 hours in a 
salon chair again as long as I live.

It just means I have to start over with 
the whole "going grey" thing.

But at least its not pink.

No comments: