Monday, June 24, 2019

PANIC!!!!!

This afternoon I got a text from the
gentleman I teach for.
(I use his office... I don't work for him...)

He sent a photo of a business card
and said "she came in to audit the class".
This is Monday.
I only teach on the weekends and all our
classes are registered with the State.
So they KNOW I am not teaching today.

Her business card says she is a Special Investigator
for the Florida Chief Financial Officer
Agent / Agency Division.

Yikes!

I texted him back and asked if she needed me to contact her?
Did he give her my information?
Anything?

He said no, but I could call her
if I felt like it.

So.
I called my boss.
Sent him a picture of her card.
He and I ran all the various possible 
scenarios we could think of.
My license expired last May.
On a Friday. I realized on Sunday.
Took and passed the State Exam that Tuesday
*with 100% I might add... cough cough
so I was only unlicensed for 2 business days.
But in Florida you don't actually need a license
to teach the class, just to sell insurance.
So it couldn't be that...

So we decided she must be responding to
some sort of client / student complaint???

He called the Compliance Department.
They said don't do anything, we will handle it.
Then he called me back and said he looked
at my roster and could I tell him anything
about two students.
Tedra Hall
Teodra Hall.

I said yes, they were a strange Mother and 3 daughters unit.
There is actually
Tedra, Teodra, Todra and Teondra.
(But Todra and Teondra are both married, so they
weren't all 4 bunched together.)
So he said... ok, then that's not an auditor trying
to use two fake IDs or something.
Nope.

About that time I FINALLY heard back from the guy
who started all this and he said
"Oh, she asked for you by name. She was VERY
nice and then realized she had the wrong dates."

SHEESH!
Talk about burying the lead!
He could have mentioned that in the FIRST text!
LOL.

Anyhow.
We are pretty sure I'm going to get audited
this coming weekend.
So I'm going to go buy a new shirt.
Hahahahaha.
(Not really)

Dan said "Just act natural."
Apparently when the state "drops by" for an
audit, they email our compliance department
prior to the visit to avoid stuff like this.
But Siara, the compliance officer who is in
charge of Florida is on vacation!
There is likely an email in her in box.
And we have all sprouted extra white hairs for nothing.

I hope.

************************************

UPDATE!
So my boss just called me again and said
the Compliance folks said I should just
call her and find out what she wanted.

So.
I did.
She was very nice.
I introduced myself, said I understood she
came by to see me today and was sorry
I wasn't there.
She said, Oh no problem.
I went online and verified, you only have
weekend classes and everything you need
is in compliance. I thought you had a
weekday class and we sometimes just stop
by and audit classes.

Me: Well, is there anything you need from me?

Her: Nope. Everything is fine. We just sometimes
visit.

Me: Ok, so we're good?

Her: Yes, everything is good.

Ok. I guess she was ... bored? Thought she
would like a field trip?
She has a local (down there) phone number,
so maybe she just wanted to get out of the office.

Anyway.
My boss said to call him if she actually shows
up this weekend, but it doesn't sound like we
will ever hear from her again.

Crisis averted.

I hope.

No comments: