Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Yum

Easy ways to stay healthy?
I got you covered!

Mushrooms.
Plain old everyday button mushrooms.
They are amazing little power houses.

And if you treat them right,
they are HUGE Vitamin D3 containers!

So how do you treat them right?

Never put them in the fridge.
And set them in the sun (a window ledge works)
for about an hour before cooking them up.


Not only are they pretty,
but they are super duper healthy!

And, of course, tomatoes are also great for you.
There is more lycopine  (sp) in the skin of
a tomato, which means little grape tomatoes
give you more bang for your buck!
And leaving them in a little basket
(again NEVER in the fridge)
helps you remember to eat them!

They are a bit like eating candy!
Only better for you.

Today I put a dozen fresh eggs in the
pressure cooker on "steam" for 4 minutes.
Then let them natural pressure release for
an additional 4 minutes and then
straight into an ice bath.

Then, as long as the pressure cooker was
sitting there, I tossed a couple big
sweet potatoes in there and set it to
steam for 10 minutes.

I'll probably devil some of the eggs,
but we both like to just grab one now
and again with a little salt.

BUT!
I finally got introduced to Tajin!


If you haven't tasted it before, it is a
combination of lime and chili.
It is a delicious blend of tart and lightly spicy.
And it's amazing on hard boiled eggs!
And scrambled eggs.
And watermellon.
And in my pasta salad.
And on mango.
And on cream cheese on a cracker.

I'm going to make a big bowl of my pasta salad.
And the deviled eggs.
And the sweet potatoes.
And I will probably make some meatballs in
my pressure cooker next.
(It has been HOT and I don't want to actually
"cook" anything, but we need FOOD...)
Rod needs some breakfast food - so I'm probably
going to have to fire up the toaster oven anyway.
But that's better than the real oven.

So that's my Tuesday.

No comments: