Saturday, June 1, 2019

Things That Make Me Smile

Yesterday I had to run to WalMart.
As I pulled out of the property,
the classic song "American Pie"
came on my Pandora.

It's a pretty long song.

It ended just as I found a parking
spot at Walmart!
So... I now know it takes 8 minutes
to drive to WalMart.
LOL

********************************************

This morning Kyle and I went to Joanne's
fabrics to buy some cloth to recover
part of his door panel in his car.
It's gotten old and is falling apart.

As we were walking around looking at the
billions of options (none of which were 
exactly what he was looking for...)
I said "We are going to have to finish
up or I'm going to need to find the bathroom
cuz I had a way too much to drink this morning."

He replied (totally deadpan and with NO
pause) "The first step is recognizing you
have a problem."

Then I REALLY needed a bathroom.
He makes me laugh so hard on a regular basis.
And we found some charcoal grey fabric.
Wish us luck!

*************************************************

After Sondra and I put some brown sugar
on the bacon we made for breakfast for 
everybody at Nancy's... I decided to give it
a try here... but without the "sugar" part.

I made my own substitute.
It's easy and tastes good.
I put some of my Pyure stevia/erythritol blend
into a small jelly jar.
Then I added some black strap molasses.
And mixed it all together.
I used a fork, but next time I'm going
to make a bigger batch and use my
immersion blender, cuz it was kind of a pain
using the fork.

I sprinkled it on Rod's bacon before I
baked this last batch. (Poured it into an
old spice jar and sprinkled it from there...)
He grabbed a couple pieces out of the fridge
and microwaved them for a second the other
night when he got home from work.

Came and sat on the couch next to me,
took a bite and said "WHAT did you do
to this bacon? It's DELICIOUS!"
SCORE!

********************************************

When I was at WalMart yesterday I was in a 
pretty good mood, and I've made it a habit
to try to ALWAYS smile.
I have a mantra I repeat to myself all the time.
I don't even really notice I'm doing it anymore.
"Ribs up, shoulders back, butt tucked, SMILE."

Anyhow.
I guess I was smiling.
Because all the little old men shopping
by themselves that afternoon commented
on how happy I looked today!
Hahahahahaha.

It really IS the little things.

No comments: