Sunday, August 23, 2020

I Broke My Pen!

So last night I had to teach.
I like to write all over the screen
(power point presentation)
so my students stay engaged.
And also it gives me something to do.

But when I grabbed my fancy pen,
it wouldn't work!
Aaaaarrrrggghhh!
I was LOST!

I finally got it to recognize my finger
and wrote on my screen that way...
but it wasn't very good.
(Fat Finger Syndrome)

At the break I quickly looked up 
troubleshooting and it said to go to 
the settings, remove the pen and
then re-pair it with the bluetooth.
So I removed it.
And now it can't FIND it!

I finally got it to see an "unknown device"
but today it won't even see that.

I'm SUPER SAD!
Tomorrow I'll go buy a new battery and
see if that might be the problem, although
before I removed it, it was showing 19%
battery and I would think that would be
sufficient to keep working...

Anyhow.
I can use a regular stylus to write on my
power point, but I MISS MY PEN!!!

*************************************************

In other news...
Kyle and I spent several hours in the garden yesterday.


He used our super cool "square foot gardening" tool
to measure out where he wanted the tomato plants
and then poke a little hole in the dirt.
You use the little orange "stick" to poke holes
and then there is also a funnel that attaches to 
the holes so you don't lose your seeds.
(If you are planting seeds...)


His tomato starts have great roots
and were totally ready to plant.


The beds look GREAT with all his little guys 
in there!


It went quite quickly.


We may have over done the tomato thing though.
We have FIVE beds full of tomato plants
(a different variety in each bed).
Which means we have something like 136 plants.

We might be drowning in tomatoes in a few months.

He and Rod left this afternoon - they rented a small
UHaul trailer, loaded up Kyle's stuff and headed
to the ranch. They'll get him all moved in this evening,
Rod will spend the night, hook the trailer up to
our truck (Rod followed Kyle - they took 
both trucks) and head to our butcher to pick up
all our meat. (The butcher is halfway between
the ranch and our place...)
Our customers are coming tomorrow after work
to pick up and pay for their beef.
And I'm excited to have meat in my freezer again!
(I have 1 package of ground beef and a pack of
soup bones... that's IT!)

Also, Kyle and I went to the beach for a bit
this afternoon before he left.


A rogue wave roared up and hit us in our
chairs, covering us in water and sand...
so he got in to rinse off.
Said the water was PERFECT!


And yes, he is in the ocean with his hat and sunglasses.
He didn't intend to go that far... was just going to 
rinse off his legs and hands.
You can't really tell, but with all the storms lately,
the sand actually stops right there at the edge
and there is a 2 foot drop straight down!
So when the wave came up, it hit that edge,
crashed over the top and it looked like somebody
took a shovel of sand and threw it on Kyle.
Luckily it missed me (mostly)...
but we had a good laugh!
(As did the people walking by behind us...)

He will miss the beach.
But he'll be back next weekend.
We have lots more to do in the garden...









No comments: