Thursday, November 19, 2020

Building Department

 Down at the Town Hall
our Building Department Manager
has had the flu all week.
Same lady who got the "vid" earlier
this year...

So she has been out.
And I've been covering for her.

Luckily, it has been pretty quiet in the
building department this week,
which meant I had plenty of time
to work on some projects I had for myself
without a bunch of interruptions.

I'm trying to get us to go ... if not PAPERLESS,
then at least paperLESS.

Which means LOTS of scanning of the PILES
and PILES of paper sitting around.
It's looking better though!

And then this afternoon I remembered a report
that needs to be submitted to the state before
the end of the year... but early is good, right?

I spent the last couple of hours pulling numbers.
We have really nice software...
but I'll be derned if I could get it to pull
the specific report I needed.
So I'm pulling reports and them fiddling with
the data to get what I'm looking for.

Initial numbers today...

433 total building permit applications for this
past fiscal year.
187 of them are incomplete!
Which means I have a BIG job ahead of me...
researching what their status SHOULD be...

And then I turn my attention to the inspections.
At first count there are nearly 1,000.
But I'm sure those aren't accurate numbers.

Anyhow.
Research isn't really my thing.
But its what I'm doing right now.


Meanwhile, the black eyed peas are kicking it!


They look GOOD!
(unlike the pathetic bed of broccoli behind them...)

Kyle ordered another bag of bean seeds 
and they came yesterday.
We are going to replant the okra bed (I pulled them)
in beans... and maybe the brocolli.
Waste of a big ol' bed for maybe 6 heads.
I can buy it frozen at the store for $1/bag.
Just not worth it to grow it ourselves.

However,
yesterday Kyle got new tracks on his Cat.
(See his company facebook page...)
And this morning Travis (friend from church)
called him with work to keep him busy for
today AND tomorrow!

Exciting!!!!!

Which is good cuz I'll be back at the town.
I don't have any students registered for tonight's
Zoom. I'll open the webinar at 6:30 and we'll see...
Sometimes I get "walk-ins".

No comments: