Thursday, July 8, 2021

BIG Changes!

 You just always need to be ready to turn on a dime.

I was at work this morning when my boss called.

The instructor teaching in Ft Lauderdale this weekend
just let him know her daughter tested positive.
And since they spent the entire weekend together,
she was going to have to quarantine.

Could I drive down there tomorrow and teach for her?

My FIRST TIME back in a classroom in over a year!

I'm thrilled!
And nervous...
(grin)

And then came the logistics.

I had to find someone to play the organ for me.
(Just finally got that straightened out...)
Got a hotel.
Was going to rent a car, but they are 
OFF THE CHARTS expensive right now.
It was going to cost $312!
The company only pays me $207 to drive down.
Sooooo. Nope!
I'll just drive our truck.
It's only 138 miles.

Printed rosters.
Ran through my presentation and manual to
make sure I know my material.
(Basically what I'm teaching now, just more
stories etc, since I teach it in 2 hours and have
to stretch it to 8. Hahahaha. I can do that...)
Doing some laundry.
Trying on actual dress pants to find some that fit.
I have only worn jeans and shorts for over a year!

I plan to leave about noon,
meet the other instructor (from a safe distance)
and get the keys (in a well Lysol'd plastic bag)
and then head down to check out the school and
make sure all the technology works before I head
to my hotel room and get set up to teach my 6-10 review.

Whew!


I had planned to spend Saturday cutting and freezing peaches.
Guess I'll just put them in the fridge and do them next week
when I get back.


Don't they look beautiful?

Rod also got a couple of yummy ripe mangos from a
coworker of his, they were on the counter when I got up
this morning.


And now they look like this!


I cut them up before I headed to the office.
They went really well with the salad I had
planned for my lunch!

Anyhow - I just cancelled my evening Orientation Zoom
since I didn't have any students.
No loss, I have PLENTY of things to do to keep
myself BUSY!

Wish me luck!!!

No comments: