Thursday, February 17, 2022

Another Successful Meeting

 It turned out really well!
And I forgot to take pictures!
LOL.

We had... 19? women show up?
So that was good.

Sunday / Monday? I sent individual texts to
each of the sisters serving in Primary 
and Young Womens (I figured the ones
that went to Relief Society got the message)
inviting them.
I don't know a lot of them, so I'm not sure
if the ones who showed were the ones I
messaged or not.... but I was happy with the #.

Thankfully there was another group using
our RS room when we got there and they
had the short banquet tables already set up
with 3 chairs at each, so we just left it like that.

I brought three large glass canisters (the kind with
the sealing lid with a metal clasp.....)


(Like this but larger)
One had freeze dried mangos and strawberries,
one had freeze dried butter pecan and cookies & cream
ice cream bites and the third had root beer float
ice cream bites.
I handed them out each with a set of tongs for them
to pass around and munch on while we got started.

Began with making the cake.
I brought 3 freeze dried eggs and reconstituted
them right there at the table. It was so cool!
(First time I've done it, so I was as excited as
they were that it actually worked.... lol)

Then while the cake was "baking" we chatted a bit
about the difference between slow cooking and
pressure cooking and which is best for what method.
When I taught the class in 2019, there might have been
4 sisters who had them and NONE of them were 
comfortable using them.
Last night I would say 90% of them have them and
most are using them at least on a semi-regular basis!
So it was fun to go around the room and see
who was using it for what and if they had any great tips!

We got the lasagna casserole going in the other pot
and set up in the kitchen, (last time I tried to plug
them both in right there in the room and blew the
breaker - so this time I plugged them on different
sides of the kitchen and that worked fine... the kitchen
opens into the RS room...)

It was a really fun, semi-informative, extremely informal,
chatty, laughy, visit-y kind of evening.
We didn't end until nearly 9:00!
But everyone seemed to have a good time.
(And I got a couple of requests to "rent time" on
the freeze dryer.... lol. Maybe in a couple of months
when I feel like I've done all I need to...?)

Anyhow.
It turned out well, and now I can switch my focus
to the Stake Primary Activity on the 5th.
More on that later....

I had a nice visit with Sondra this morning.
And then off to the Town Hall for the day.
Then home to do.... something? And then feed,
walk the garden with Kyle and figure out our 
plans for next week - we have GOT to get the beds
cleaned, fertilized and re-planted.
And then I had a Stake Primary Zoom this evening.

Tomorrow I'm teaching the morning class and then
back to the Town again. I've worked every day this week.
We (she) have SEVEN new house permits in various
stages, but NONE are issued yet and some have been
waiting for a significant period of time.
I told her I would work every day this week and we HAD
to get them all out.
Because I am NOT working every day again next week.
So... I think we got out 1.
So far.
We are "closed" on Fridays so I'm hoping she will get
a move-on tomorrow morning so when I get there at 2,
we can just bang the rest of them out.
Sheesh.

Then Saturday morning I teach the final morning class
for the week and then we have tickets for the
Silver Spurs Rodeo on Saturday night.
And then it's ward conference in Ft. Pierce on
Sunday so I have to drive down there on Sunday.
And then we start all again on Monday!


No comments: