Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Meeting Formerly Known As Homemaking

 I never know what to call it.

Night Relief Society?

Whatever.

Anyhow.
Tonight I am teaching another pressure cooking class.

But I wanted it to be sort of a pantry challenge.

SO.......

We are doing my tried and true
Electric Pressure Cooker Lasagna Casserole.

It is DELICIOUS and ridiculously easy, fast and CHEAP.
I bought a box of elbow mac for $0.78.
A jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce for $1.78
A small tub cottage cheese for $1.28
A small bag of mozzarella for $2.42
TOTAL $6.26
Personally I prefer it WITHOUT the mozzarella.
I don't love the string-y-ness.
But whatever...

You put the macaroni and the bottle of sauce 
along with a bottle of water into the pressure cooker.
Set it to cook for FOUR minutes.
Quick release, then stir in the egg, cottage cheese and
mozzarella if you are using.
Mix it well and EAT!
Fast, easy, and cheap!
Oh, and yummy, Rod loves it!

And then last night I experimented with a couple of
cake recipes.
In the pressure cooker.

A box of Pillsbury cake mix.
My Walmart has them for $1.00!!!
I did white and chocolate.
I mixed some of my freeze dried raspberries into the white one.
It was YUMMY!

Make it up according to the box directions.
My eggs are VERY large so I cut back on the water a bit.
It calls for 3 eggs, 1/2 c oil, 1 c water.
I used 3 eggs, 1/2 c oil, 3/4 c water.
Then I poured it into two little sprayed pans I have
that stack on top of each other.


These aren't them.
Hahahahahaha.
Mine come in a 2 pack/stack.
But I'm in a hurry and don't have time to search further.

Anyhow.

Spray the interior, pour the cake batter in.
Put the whole rack and pans into the pressure cooker
with 1-1/2 C water.
Pressure cook for 35 minutes.
Let natural release for 10 minutes and then
remove from the pressure cooker.
Cool for a minute and then transfer to a rack.
(Or a fork!!!)

NOT faster than in the oven, but SOOOO moist and delicious!

Ok, gotta run.
Teaching class this morning.
And then working at the town this afternoon.
And then teaching my class tonight.
Sheesh.

No comments: