Saturday, December 10, 2022

Tampa (again)

 Here I am.
Sitting in my empty classroom.
Waiting for my "to go" order to
be ready at the local Cheddars restaurant.


It's a nice facility,
in a nice area of town.

Meanwhile, the ward had their first ward activity today.
Brunch with a gingerbread contest
followed by a gingerbread DEMOLITION.
(obviously the guys are in charge of this one...)

I sent a text to the Bishop this morning
wishing them a great activity with a TON of turnout.
We did a huge blitz to find all the "resting members"
and invite them to join us this morning.

He texted me a bit later and said they were having
a little bit of a rocky start.
They forgot to bring the FOOD!
(I'm hoping he was joking...)

Later he texted and said it was a great party
with good turnout and everything went well.

And then I got a text from my RS teacher.
She is sick and won't be there.
So I reached out to my counselors and suggested they
1) watch the conference talk and then discuss it.
2) READ parts of the talk and then discuss it.
3) DITCH the talk and just take requests and sing
EVERY Christmas hymn in the book.
4) Share memories and experiences since becoming
a new ward, interspersed with Christmas hymns...

No idea what they will do.
But I know it will be fine.

Kyle got a paying job for this morning, so they
didn't go to the brunch, so I can't get a first-hand
report on how it went. But I'm sure it was fun.

And now I'm heading to Cheddars to pick up my
delicious Monte Cristo sandwich with raspberry puree,
a slice of cheese cake, and some 
honey butter croissants. (it's a LARGE meal, so I'll
eat half and save the other half for dinner tomorrow night...
class doesn't end until 9 tomorrow night and I don't 
want to order dinner - just hit the hotel, eat, pack and
get to sleep so I can leave EARLY in the morning
and skip the traffic. Arriving on Friday was BRUTAL!
The traffic was horrendous! Took an extra 45+ minutes!)

Have a great evening!
I'm thinking about y'all at the Christmas party
at Mom & Dad's!!!
Boy I wish I could be there!

No comments: