Friday, October 13, 2023

Garden GONE

 Our garden was a MESS.
The wood on the raised beds was done.
(Rotting and needed to be replaced this year)
And the dirt had gone back to basically sand.
Needed to all be amended with new compost.

Obviously THAT wasn't going to happen...

So today Kyle and I got out there and using his
skidsteer (Cat) I chained up all the fence posts
and he pulled them out of the ground.
We are taking the posts with us.
We will need to make yards for the dogs
and of course fence in our new gardens...
so posts are going to be a hot commodity.


It definitely makes the yard look bigger!

Then we put down a heavy layer of grass seed.
Hopefully it will come up in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
(They didn't have any winter rye... that stuff comes up
in DAYS!)

And then I went into my office to teach my last 
zoom class for this month 
and Kyle went to the BEACH to watch a rocket.
I took a break so I could go outside and
watch it from the yard.
It was a beautiful one!
He said it was spectacular from the beach...

Anyhow.
Tomorrow we will be back at the packing, etc.
I'm done teaching zoom, so I'll pack up my
teaching stuff and I think we will paint
my office.
Jim had it painted a bright Yamaha Blue,
which was a GREAT background for zooming,
but probably NOT a great color for selling the house.
We bought some white Kilz that will cover
just about ANYTHING (including bright blue).
He wanted to paint it today, but I didn't want
to sit for 4 hours in a freshly painted room.
(And besides, I still needed the blue wall...)

He has a mulching job tomorrow and then we
all have tithing settlement.
And then we will come home and put on our
painting clothes and GET TO IT.

No comments: