Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Where's Buddy

 I got home from Tampa and Kyle and I
took the dog for a walk in the woods.
(I wanted to go to the beach, but 
it was getting late and chilly...)

Anyhow, as soon as we got back from the
woods we got a call that the people we
gave Buddy to went out to give him dinner
and the gate was open and he was gone.
(He LOVES an open gate...)

So Kyle and I jumped in his car and
drove up and down the roads in their
neighborhood.
I was 99% sure I found his trail
leading into the woods,
but it was getting dark,
my flashlight was getting dim,
and we've had a LOT of rain lately,
so chances were good it was
going to be swampy in there.
(Plus, you know, snakes and stuff.)

So we went home.
Pat put him on our local Nextdoor,
and we hoped for the best.

As I suspected, he had wandered into the woods,
spent the night, and then in the morning came
back out again (on the other side) and
ended up in someone's front yard.

Rod and I hooked up the stock trailer and
headed over to where he was hanging out
and took him back to his new home.

Then we gave them a CHAIN and lock to
keep him in his new pasture.


He has a nice big pasture.


They have 3 other horses, but they are taking it slow
getting them acquainted.

He's going to do fine.

No comments: