Monday, October 23, 2023

Painting

 Kyle has taken over the task of re-painting
the two bedrooms.

He started with Jim's - otherwise known as
my Zoom Room.

Jim chose to have it painted Yamaha Blue
18 years ago when we moved in.
It was VERY bright.
But he liked it.
And when I started teaching in there, 
it was the perfect background for my zoom.

But I doubt anybody else on planet Earth would love it.

So Kyle took it back to white.

But first... a little graffiti!


He loves his garden gnomes.


Oh the MESS!!!


In keeping with tradition, he included the inscription
"Jim Was Here".
When we moved from the Palm Bay house,
Jim wrote that on his bedroom wall.
Unfortunately, he wrote it with a blue ballpoint pen.

NOTHING covers blue ballpoint pen.
Not Kilz.
Not OIL based paint.
Not 15 coats of oil based paint.
I finally had to paint over it with a dark colored paint
and then paint over THAT with a gazillion coats of white.

Thanks Jim.
You will live FOREVER on that wall.

This blue "only" took 3 coats.
And if you look, there's still the hint of blue peaking through.

Then it was on to his bedroom.


His room was originally Shrek green.
But luckily he grew out of that and painted
one wall this beautiful shade of sage green,
and the other walls a lovely grey.

He sent me this picture over the weekend,
so I'm sure by now his room is all white as well.

I'm so grateful for all his help!
I'm not a big fan of painting,
and we will have PLENTY to do once we move.

1 comment:

rktucson said...

I LOVE his little guys too! What a talented guy that Kyle is!!