Friday, March 1, 2024

Back in Miami

 Good gracious!
How do people LIVE in giant cities like this????


Seriously people.
23 minutes.
To drive 3.1 miles!!!!!
I could WALK there faster!
And I actually didn't arrive until 4:47.
(I left the house at 12:30. It was supposed
to take 2 hours and 51 minutes. 
HA!)

It was RIDICULOUS!

And there wasn't even a wreck.
It was just "normal" Friday afternoon traffic.
Ugh.

Meanwhile,
Rod's boss, Travis, gave us some REALLY OLD
sour dough starter. (I think he said it was
like 80 years old... or something like that...)

Anyhow.

I made a loaf a couple of weeks ago, but then
I was sick for 2 weeks, so it sat in the fridge.

I got it out on Wednesday,
fed it,
and made a loaf of bread.


It turned out REALLY good!
Yummy,
crusty,
not too salty (the other loaf was like
SALT bread...)
And it was really easy.

I think I'll be making more.
(I had to order a new bread knife though...
I have a really good one, but it's in Kansas
and this stuff is pretty crusty...)

Speaking of Kansas, Kyle is leaving in the morning
to make the first of several runs out there.
This time he has his car (VW Golf) and the little
tractor and some implements all loaded up.
And probably some other stuff, I just left before
he was done.

So keep him in your prayers!

No comments: