Friday, March 22, 2024

Next Steps

 Ok.
So we met with the realtor.
She's a neighbor and an acquaintance
from WAAAAAY back when we all
rode horses at Jane's barn.
She walks her dogs down our street
several times each day and I visit
with her and/or her husband now and again.

Anyhow.

I was pleased with the services she provides.
She gave us several local comps.
The price she and I think is right is 
what I think is right but not as high as 
I WISH it would be.
(It's still good...)
Everyone we talk to keeps telling us we
should be able to get 2-400k more than
we are talking about, but the real numbers
just don't support those numbers.

Anyhow.

Our plan is to ask a realistic number and
then see what happens.
Ideally we will have a bidding war and
somebody will be willing to pay a silly amount.

But realistically we will probably get close
to our asking price.

Anyhow.

It's stressful.
I'm not loving this part of the process.

But in other news,
the installer called yesterday, I gave him the
code to get in the house and he got the
internet all set up.

And the electrician is finishing up in the
garage today. (Extra outlets for my
freeze dryer and the welders, etc...)

And Rod called and got the information we need
to cap and abandon the well we had dug
several years ago - but it failed and started
pulling up way too much sand.
We tried all sorts of filters, etc, but it
just didn't work so for $450 we will just
close it off.

Kyle is off doing a mulching job today.
I just finished subbing for the morning zoom.
And now I'm going to go do... something.
Hahahahaha.
There is no shortage of things to be done.


It's kind of cloudy and raining off and on today.
But on Monday we went to the beach.
So there you go.

No comments: