Sunday, March 24, 2024

For Sale

 Well, we pulled the trigger.
Kind of.


It still says coming soon.

There is still a dumpster in the backyard.
I don't really feel like we should show it
with that sitting there.
And there are some minor things that still
need taking care of.

Yesterday Rod painted the mailbox.
Our realtor said it was ugly.
Hahahaha.
(And its the first thing people see when they pull up.)
Little do they know, its going with us.

Anyhow.

He also re-painted the front porch with some 
grey concrete paint/stain.


It looked so good!


So he decided to do the back porch as well.


It's not dry yet.

And while he was doing that,
I decided to do something I haven't done in
YEARS (and years and years and years...)


I made a half batch of chocolate chip cookies.

I don't think I have ever baked them since we moved here.
And the guys treated them like they had never seen
a cookie before in their lives.

So this afternoon after church (and lunch)
I baked another half batch.


I love my danish wisk.


I didn't even have to get out my hand mixer.
(My Sunbeam stand mixer is in Kansas...)

I'm learning you can do a lot with just a little.

Also. I am trying to empty the pantry,
fridge and freezers.

When I was making cookies today, I thought I
should put walnuts in them since I have a big 
bag of them in the freezer.
Oh, wait, I can't.
Oh, wait, I CAN.
Nancy won't be eating them. LoL.

I also have a bunch of frozen bananas.
So after I go to the store tomorrow to buy
milk and flour, I'll probably bake some
banana bread too.
(I need flour, I've been baking bread.
I have kind of decided I don't love sour dough,
so I've been baking regular no-knead artisan.
I added honey and more salt to the recipe and
everybody really likes it.)

Anyhow.

They are coming to get the dumpster Wednesday.
Rod is going to call in sick tomorrow and
he and Kyle will get the shed and garage
packed and ready.
We'd like to start showing the house on Thursday.

Vickie (our realtor) left the sign by the front gate
Saturday evening. Rod went out and put it in the yard.
And then a truck pulled into the driveway and sat there
and sat there and sat there and sat there.
Finally Rod walked out there to chat with them.
They visited for about 45 minutes.
He told them all about the house and the neighborhood.
I wouldn't let them come in.
The house isn't "show ready" and the coming soon
thing says we aren't supposed to show it yet.

Anyhow.

Wish us luck!
This is going to be an adventure!

No comments: