Wednesday, May 2, 2012

And then it was Wednesday!

I've been quiet lately.

My laptop broke.

At school.

My wireless LAN disabled itself and I can't seem to figure out how to enable it...  I'm hoping to get it to our guru - SOON!  I hate being without it!

Meanwhile - there has been lots happening on the home front.  (But I keep forgetting to snap pictures... I'll try to remember tonight...)

FIRST - Jimbo appears to be employed!  (Waiting for the final call...)  He should start Monday - selling Kias and Mazdas at a local dealership owned by a great friend.  It was at A.J. Hier's dealership, 19 years ago, that George won the Alzheimer's raffle car!  (which he later gave to Jim for his 16th...)  Jim is looking forward to working on AJ's team and learning all he has to teach him.  (He's been VERY successful in the car business...)

SECOND - Rod is on his way to Orlando for his hearing.  Took George with him - I suspect they'll stop and get some lunch first.  He had to take the day off - actually I think he swapped days...  Not sure.  This only seeing each other for a few minutes in the middle of the night when he comes home is HARD!  I can't phone him during the day, since he's sleeping.  And he can't call me in the night cuz I'm sleeping!  We try to chat a little during the late afternoon and early evening - but in the afternoon I'm at work and in the evening I'm doing "house stuff"... but I put in a bluetooth and we visit for awhile.  We are grateful for the work - we can do this!

THIRD - Kyle is looking into buying (another) truck (he has TWO already!) and a (nother) trailer so he can haul hay!  It's pretty lucrative and very aluring.  He loves to get ideas and then research them.  So he's back into SAVE $$$ mode.  (Not that he was really out of it - he's really good at saving - he just "needed" a TV.  LOL)

FOURTH - the girls are getting BIG!  I moved them out to the patio to the rabbit hutch - pretty much permanently I think.  They were getting too big for the dog crate, and they are pretty stinky to be in the dog room (which is already plenty stinky on it's own!)  I added another perch (stick) this morning and they immediately hopped up on it.  I also gave them their first little dish of yogurt this morning.  They didn't know what to do with it until I sprinkled some chicken starter on it - they know what THAT is!  They didn't eat it all, but I'm sure they'll figure it out as they grow up.  (They are still only 4+ weeks old...)

Well, that's all the news that's fit to print.  But didn't want people thinking I fell off the planet.  Nope - just technical difficulties. 

No comments: