Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Screwed Up Monday

It started out innocently enough...

The plan was to leave work early-ish, around 5, and go for a walk in the woods to check out the "trail enhancements"...  (in other words, fencing CLOSING my trail!)

However, about 4, it started to rain.  Then the lightning and thunder.  Then the power outage.
So... I hung around.

But at 6:15 I remembered I had a UPS package that needed to get shipped.  UPS picks up at 5:30 at my local box (in theory... but they are generally late...) so I dashed out, in the rain, to get it in the box.

And discovered a flat tire.

Passenger side - rear tire.

Sigh.

I didn't pay the AAA renewal.

So, in all my Master Mechanic wisdom, I looked carefully, decided it wasn't THAT flat, and hopped in the truck and took off.  Carefully.

My UPS box is only about 5 blocks away, down on U.S. 1.  But the good news is, there is a large portico which means I could park under it, run to the UPS box (and stay dry) and then call for assistance in changing my tire in the dry.

Sadly, I didn't take a picture.  I thought about it.  Really, I did!  (I was going to text it to Rod to see if he thought I could make it home...)

But when I called Rod, he said I have a portable air compressor behind the back seat in my truck.

I DO?????  I DO!!!!!!  I LOVE THAT MAN!!!

So, he told me to start the truck (so I don't wear down my battery), hook it up, pump the tire to 40# and drive to Tire Kingdom.

Issue 1:  Flat Tire
Issue 2:  VERY NEARLY out of gas.

So I started the truck, crossed my fingers, hooked up the compressor and pumped up the tire.

Then I did a double set of HoeDowns.

Meanwhile, UPS showed up.  So I know my package made it to Atlanta on time this morning.  Whew!

I panicked and quit pumping air at 38#.  What's 2 pounds in the big picture, right? 

Drove to the house to pick up Kyle. 
(Tire guy:  Oh Look!  A GIRL!  That will be $947,587.85. 
What, a BOY?  Covered under your tire warranty...)

I was right. 
We got there 20 minutes before closing.  And the patch 'n plug was covered under our tire warranty.  (Again - Rod's pre-planning wins out!  GOOD MAN!)

Here's the culprit.





Oh, and while we waited, we walked next door to Panda Express to grab some dinner.
Ordered, sat down, and both realized we weren't actually hungry.

Chinese for lunch today!  WIN!!!!!

No comments: