Thursday, May 3, 2012

First Ride

Kyle surprised us all last night while we were saddling up the horses.  He said he wanted to go too!  He hasn't ridden a horse (except behind me on Andy once or twice YEARS ago) since Dobby died.  (And actually not for quite a while before that, since he was too big for his pony...)  Dobby died election night 2008.  So it's been quite some time!

He rode Buddy.  And he did really well!  Buddy doesn't get ridden as much as the others - Jim rides him when he rides (which is not often) and Rod used to ride him quite a bit...  I "mean" to ride him - but somehow I find myself on Andy.  Huh...  Anyhow - they did well!  But he rode on our OLD green saddle - it has zero padding in the seat - his knees survived (the reason he quit riding) but his bony little butt was a whole different story!  LOL


At the end of our road - heading into the Preserve...


My poor horses!  They are STARVING!  LOL


No comments: