Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Random Ramblings

Mark your calendars!  Kyle mentioned to me Monday night that (for the first time) some of my “Hippy Dippy Medicine” actually worked.  Thankfully his foot is feeling much better!  He had some early onset plantar fasciitis which was causing enough pain that he actually took his FIRST (and only) sick day in a year and a half at the dealership!  (Of course, he didn’t sit and soak his foot… he worked on my chicken coop…)  He has been spraying a mixture of Health and Wisdom's magnesium oil with water on some cotton pads and putting them on the soles of his feet at night.  He is back to walking on it without discomfort.  So glad he is feeling better!  He is on his feet all day long, so having a sore foot could be a real pain!  (I’m so funny…)

Is it just me or does this look like a buffalo?




Actually a beautiful picture of trees on Nancy's wall...
But I ALWAYS think buffalo first and then correct myself.
Ok, maybe it's just me...

I’m “trying” to figure out some more “games” to do with my students.  I’ve played a couple with them and they are requesting them more and more.  It’s a good way to learn and break up the lecture time, but I’m just not a real game player – so coming up with ideas is HARD!  (I’m thinking Jeopary-ish with categories and questions on a card held up with a Velcro dot…?)  Thanks to my most recent trainee for coming up with a good matching game I shameless stole – the students love it!  Now to remember to PLAY it...

Rod just called.  One of my chickens got out this morning.  Luckily he was able to catch her and stick her back in... the dogs were digging in around the bottom this morning.  I put a board there as a temporary fix, but I guess it wasn't enough.  Rod is on it though... 
(I see an airsoft gun in my future...)

One of Kyle's co-workers has 3 adult (laying) chickens he's tired of messing with.  He offered to give them to us.  So I think they'll be joining our flock this weekend.  YEA for eggs without waiting til August!!!  Luckily the guys built the coop large enough for a good sized flock.
If you build it - they will come.

No comments: