Friday, August 3, 2012

Full Moon

I love that, no matter where you are, we are all looking at the same full moon.
It brings us together.
Despite being in different states and even differrent countries.


Last night it was huge, and yellow, and bright.
I wish I had been at the beach.
It's so cool to see it reflecting off the ocean.

But instead I was in the yard.
(After dashing to Panda Express after working until 8:00!)

And I realized this morning, I haven't let you see the nest box modifications!
So without further adooooo


 In the right hand nest you can see a golf ball.
It's a "trainer" to help the girls know what to do.


See, there are WALLS.
(And you can see Blondie dashing over to make sure I'm not leaving any treats up there...)


This is an actual egg.
Not an edible one though.
Rod gathered it a week or so ago, was carrying it to the house, but made a stop off in the shed first.
And accidentally left it there.
And didn't rediscover it for several days.

So, we are using it as another trainer egg.
Last night I gathered my eggs and was SO excited that there were TWO!
Until I remembered this one wasn't "real".

So... still on "first egg" watch.

No comments: