Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!!!!

Today is my Dad's birthday.


And this is what he is doing.
(although he's not doing it in the "office" in Tucson... they are back in Canada.)
Working on this very program.
Since April.
He is nothing if not tenacious!
(And brilliant - he's pretty sure he's got it licked!)



These might be my favorite pictures EVER of my Dad.
This is SO HIM!
Quiet.
Gentle.
Thoughtful.
Taking time to cherish the moment.
And possibly the best marshmallow cooker in the world.
(I want a horse exactly that color)


He does, however, also make a KILLER smoothie.
Every morning.


I just know he is whistling.
While he studies the plants and birds.
Dad doesn't look at stuff.
He studies it.
No matter what "it" happens to be.
He was an Engineer, by training.
But he is a studier by birth.


He loves his wife.
(And children...)
He is loyal.
Loving.
Patient.
Kind.


And willing to be silly.
(If he HAS to)


He rides horses.
He roller blades.
He does TRX workout!!!!

None of your business how old he is.
(grin)
But he is the YOUNGEST octogenarian I know.

And I love him.

Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: