Friday, August 24, 2012

Yum

Yesterday I headed out to Aldi's to get some groceries.

The night before I bought a little bit of nothing at WalMart for $45.

This is what I got at Aldi's...


9 pounds of frozen chicken thighs.
3 pounds of REALLY good steak
(we cooked one package last night.  YUM!)
6 Roma tomatoes
2 green peppers
3 avacadoes
2 packages of button mushrooms
1 head of cauliflower
4 onions
1 cantelope
1 bag fresh oranges
1 bag fresh lemons
3 cucumbers
fresh spinach
fresh romaine lettuce
greek yogurt
2 bags frozen green beans
BBQ sauce
dried basil
(shhh) Ice Cream Drumsticks (for Kyle)

I paid $66.

I need to go more often, but it's not on the way home. 
It took me 25 minutes to drive there.  And then another 20 to do my shopping and check out.
I think there might be one closer to my office though, and then I can bounce onto the highway.
Might give that a try next week.

Meanwhile, looks like Isaac might be targetting Mobile, Alabama.
Sorry for them.
But good for us.
As long as it doesn't hit South Florida on Sunday.
I'll be down there teaching.
(just got an email from the school director saying it's up to us whether to cancel or teach.
I'm planning to teach, but will make the final call when it gets closer.)
(My school is down there on the coast, by the "eyeball" - Lake Okeechobee)



No comments: