Tuesday, August 7, 2012

List

I "swiped" this list from another blog I happened upon yesterday.

WHAT DO YOU LOVE MORE?

1. Strength training or cardio?

A combination of both?  T-Tapp (my workout of choice) does a good job of combining them.  I've never been into weights, but love using my own body weight to increase my strength!  That and "environmental workouts" (in English:  using every day living stuff, like doing "curls" while carrying hay bales!  LOL).


2. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner?

Breakfast.  Hands down.  And any hour of the day or night.  But ONLY if I don't have to make it myself.  I have chickens, but I'm the WORST egg cooker ever born.  Now, if I could get my MOM to make me biscuits every day, I'd be a happy woman!  (With her frozen jam on top!  YUM!!!!!)
Otherwise, I'm pretty fond of seafood.  Hey, I live in Florida!


3. Dress up or workout clothes?

It's fun to get dressed up now and again, as long as I don't have to wear heals for more than 3 hours.  (Luckily church tops out right at 3 hours... whew!)  But if I could live in yoga pants and a t-shirt?  That would be awesome...


4. Water or Milk?

Milk.  UGH!  It's water all the way.  I can drink milk maybe twice a year, but have been drinking it a little more often in my smoothies.  I do, however, really like almond milk.  But with 5 people in the house, 4 of whom "mainline" milk, there's just not enough room in the fridge for their 2 gallons of milk, a big jug of OJ, AND a carton of almond milk.  Sigh.


5. Peanut butter or almond butter?

I actually haven't tried almond butter yet.  But I'm hoping to make it to my health food store tonight before it closes (need a new face brush so I don't keep forgetting to pack mine every. single. weekend...) and I'm going to grab some and give it a try.  A friend sent a recipe for a good "after workout" smoothie I want to try and it has almond butter in it.  (And frozen bananas, and almond milk.  Hmmm, see above... lol)


6. Heels or flats?

Flats.  Specifically Ariat paddock boots.  (Also known as lacers...)  Or a good pair of loafers.  Or a pair of fun black and pink water shoes I picked up at WalMart.  SUPER comfy and perfect for running out to the barn/coop in the mornings.  But NOT flip flops.  I have a couple of pairs for emergencies, but yeesh.  I hate stuff between my toes...


7. The actual cake or the frosting?

True story.  The boys went to a neighbor kid's birthday party when they were 5 and 8.  They came home RAVING about the cake that was served.  It has this "stuff" on the top!!!!!  That's when I realized that, while I do make cake (Soni's chocolate cherry specifically) I've NEVER made frosting.  LOL  My poor children had such sheltered lives.


8.  Spring, summer, fall, or winter?

I live in Florida.  What are those???  Actually, we DO have 4 seasons, pre-hurricane, hurricane, post hurricane, and Thursday.  (Also known as winter...)  I love spring.  It's always green here, but NEW green is such a beautiful color.  And fall is pretty good too, finally an end to the extreme humidity.  I don't actually love Thursday.  It's too cold for me.


9.   Real animal or stuffed animal?

I have a yard full of real animals.  But stuffed don't have to be fed/mucked/groomed etc.  Then again, stuffed don't take you for rides, provide you with eggs (eventually), or walk in the woods with you, helping you feel safe from all and asunder.


10.  Bright or light?

I prefer bright colors.  Jewel tones if I can find them, but I'll take whatever I can get.  I don't hate pastels, just really like brightly colored stuff.

So.....  that's ME today.  Above is subject to change at any moment without any notice at all.  It's how I roll.

No comments: