Monday, July 29, 2013

Back?

We had a glitch.
The water-er in the girl’s coop was broken.
I thought it was just not level.
It was leaking.
Running out of 5 gallons of water.
Twice a day.

Which meant the girls were thirsty.

I didn’t put 2 and 2 together fast enough though.

We finally got it figured out.
And we fixed the problem.
So we thought.

But we were wrong.

So we went out and bought a new water-er.

It all appears to be back on track.

This is the calendar in my kitchen.
I mark on there the daily egg count.
(And other momentous chicken/rabbit events…)


 
Notice we were getting lots of eggs at the beginning of the month.
Then we had babies.
Then we quit getting eggs.
I thought the “Aunts” were jealous.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Nope, they were just thirsty.
But once we got it fixed
they went right back “on line”.

My various egg clients will be HAPPY to hear that.

Oh.
And last night I did a “bed/roost check”.

We now have 58 adult hens.
And 7 two-week old babies.

The new 9 girls didn’t lay yesterday.
But I imagine it will take a couple days
to acclimate to the new place
and get back into production.




No comments: